Several years ago, EDHEC-Risk Institute, the premier centre for financial research and its applications to the industry, launched a series of research conferences targeted at the financial services industry which have now become a point of reference in Europe. In the wake of the set-up of EDHEC-Risk Institute—Asia, the Institute is introducing the same concept in the region with the launch of an Asian focused investment conference for traditional and alternative investment managers, private bankers, institutional investors, and family offices, taking place in Singapore on 9-10 May, 2012 at the Marina Bay Sands Conference Centre.
Organised by an academic research centre for the benefit of professionals, EDHEC-Risk Days Asia presents the research conducted by EDHEC-Risk Institute and discusses it with the institutional investment and wealth management communities. As such, the Institute wishes to enable participants at EDHEC-Risk Days Asia 2012 to have access to the latest conceptual advances and research results in investment and risk management and to discuss their implications and applications with researchers who combine expertise in analytical and research methods with a sound awareness of their relevance for the investment industry.
The event is structured to appeal to institutional investors, traditional and alternative investment managers and policy-makers. The conference includes two exclusive fora, multiple plenary and stream sessions, and workshops that will allow professionals to review major industry challenges, explore state-of-the-art investment techniques and benchmark practices to research advances.
On the first day, the conference will focus on advances in equity investment and equity portfolio construction, and on passive investment and indexing.
The advances in equity investment discussed will include both global issues–in particular, new approaches to equity portfolio construction, the protection of equity portfolios against sovereign risks, and optimisation of risk management via the combination of risk diversification, risk hedging and risk insurance–and topics with a distinctive regional dimension–notably, volatility management and downside risk control on Asian equity markets and the search for true Asian exposure on the region’s public equity markets.
The indexing and passive investment matters examined will be focused on Asia: the results of the first academic study of indices and passive management in Asia will be unveiled, they will document the level of adoption of passive investment in the region and highlight the latest trends in the use of indices by Asian investors; the major Asian equity indices will be assessed for biases, stability, efficiency and representativeness; and regulatory development affecting ETFs in the region will be discussed. Alternative to traditional equity indices will also be reviewed and assessed.
On the second day, the conference will focus on alternative strategies and review traditional, modern, and emerging alternative investments. EDHEC-Risk Institute researchers will present their latest results on the determinants of private equity performance, next-generation commodity investing, and hedge fund allocation, modelling and performance. They will also discuss developments in infrastructure investing, present a new class of volatility indices for Asia and evaluate skewness as an asset class.
Each day will open with an exclusive forum at which leading figures from the investment industry and senior officers of supervisory authorities will discuss ongoing regulatory initiatives that will impact the future of investing:
On the first day, the Asia Investment Forum will discuss smart regulation in Asia looking at what tools the regulatory authorities can use to reduce volatility and promote markets stability without inflicting too much damage on the competitiveness of the financial industry and on overall economic efficiency.
On the second day, the High Frequency Trading Forum will discuss the market impact and economic consequences of high frequency trading and review recent and ongoing regulatory developments affecting this practice.
The main topics addressed by EDHEC-Risk Days Asia 2012 will be:
• Managing the Volatility and Downside-Risks of Asian Equity Markets
• Presenting the Results of an Exclusive Survey on Indices and Passive Management in Asia
• Allocating to Hedge Funds – a View from the Buy-Side
• Evaluating the Impact of Regulatory Measures Aimed at Reducing Volatility
Registration & Payment
|Delegate Category||Delegate Fee||GST (7%)||Delegate Fee GST Included|
Special rate until 10 March, 2012
CFA Institute and CAIA Association member rate
Investor rate: pension schemes, charities, endowments, foundations, insurance companies (third party asset management excluded), single family offices and financial executives from non-financial companies should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6631 8578 for registration.
Senior executive/investment officer rate: senior executive officers (members of the supervisory board, members of the board of directors, chief executive officers, executive committee members) and senior investment officers (chief investment officers, heads of units, portfolio and risk managers) of leading asset/wealth management firms, investment/private banks, and alternative funds and funds of funds should contact: email@example.com or +65 6631 8578 for registration.
- The registration fee includes buffet lunch, refreshments and full conference documentation. Delegates may be refused admission if payment is not received prior to the conference.
- In order to encourage a high level of interaction, plenary sessions are complemented by limited enrolment streams and workshops that allow for an in-depth exploration of special themes. Since enrolment in workshops and stream sessions is limited, attendees for whom no selection information is available will be given access subject to availability.
- Programme changes: Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of EDHEC-Risk Institute may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of speakers and/or topics.
- Confidentiality: All information and training materials supplied are confidential and for delegate use only. Such information may not be copied, transmitted, recorded, distributed or conveyed in any way to any third party for any purpose or duplicated by the delegate for the purpose of internal training.
- Sharing of Information: Delegates confirm that they authorise EDHEC-Risk Institute to retain their information in the Institute's database to be used by the Institute to assist in communicating details of products and services that may be of interest to the delegate. This information will also be made available to the conference sponsors and endorsers associated with the conference for one-time communication. If the delegate does not wish to receive such information, they should inform the Institute. If the delegate objects to their contact details being made available to conference partners for one-time usage, they should inform the Institute so that they may be removed from the list.
Payment is required before the date of the conference. Registration will be confirmed once payment has been received. Payment can be made by credit card by registering on-line.
For further information, please contact:
|When||Between 09/05/2012 08:30 AM and 10/05/2012 05:00 PM|
|Where||Marina Bay Sands Conference Centre, 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore|
|Phone||+65 6631 8578|