EDHEC-Risk Director Lionel Martellini appointed member of the Consultative Working Group of ESMA’s Financial Innovation Standing Committee
Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School,
Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute
We are honoured to announce that Lionel Martellini, Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute, has been invited to join industry stakeholders of the Consultative Working Group (CWG) which advises the European Securities and Markets Authority's (ESMA's) Financial Innovation Standing Committee (FISC), alongside twenty-four fellow members.
ESMA has established the CWG to benefit from the expertise of stakeholders who are involved in the topic of financial innovation. ESMA looks to this group to provide expert advice regarding its work on Financial Innovation.
ESMA monitors financial activities in general and financial innovation in particular. The main objectives are to ensure that supervisors, policy makers and market participants are aware of innovations that may undermine investor protection, give rise to financial instability or threaten market integrity. FISC undertakes and coordinates ESMA’s work relating to the process of financial innovation. It does so through an understanding of market and investor trends, both in terms of quantitative analytics and qualitative market intelligence. It cooperates with other organisations with a shared interest in financial innovation, both with sister ESAs and regulatory bodies globally.
Lionel Martellini has graduate degrees in economics, statistics, and mathematics, as well as a PhD in finance from the University of California at Berkeley. Lionel is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Portfolio Management and the Journal of Alternative Investments. An expert in quantitative asset management and derivatives valuation, his work has been widely published in academic and practitioner journals and he has co-authored textbooks on alternative investment strategies and fixed-income securities.
The twenty-four members of the CWG of ESMA’s Financial Innovation Standing Committee are as follows:
- Christiane Baumgarten - Head of Regulation, Regulatory Services, Market Data and Services, Deutsche Boerse
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall - Special Advisor to the OECD Secretary General on Financial Markets, Deputy Director of the Directorate of Financial and Enterprise Affairs – OECD
- Robert Brown - Managing Director - Willis Towers Watson
- Steven Davies - Partner, EMEA Digital & FinTech leader - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Luca Enriques - Professor of Corporate Law - Faculty of Law, University of Oxford
- Rui Fernandes - Managing Director, Head of Equity Structuring and Product Development EMEA - JPMorgan
- Sean Flannery - Senior Advisor, International Finance Corporation - World Bank Group
- Alberto Gallo - Head of Macro Strategies and Portfolio Manager - Algebris Investments
- Andreas Hackethal - Professor of Finance - Goethe Universität
- Georges Huebner - Professor of Finance - HEC Liege, University of Liege
- Antony Jenkins - Founder & Executive Chairman - 10x Future Technologies
- Lionel Martellini - Director - EDHEC-Risk Institute
- Mick McAteer - Founder & co-director - The Financial Inclusion Center
- Manooj Mistry - Head of Passive EMEA - Deutsche Asset Management
- Philippe Morel - Senior Partner & Managing Director, Global Head of Capital Markets - Boston Consulting Group
- Soren Mortensen - Director, Transformation and Business Development Financial Markets - IBM
- Huy Nguyen Trieu - CEO - The Disruptive Group
- Joseph Pinto - Global COO - AXA Investment Managers
- Angus Scott - Head of Product Strategy and Innovation - Euroclear
- Peter Tufano - Peter Moores Dean - Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Dirk Ulbricht - Director - Institute for Financial Services
- Christopher Woods - Managing Director, Governance, Risk & Compliance - FTSE
- Thomas Wulf - Secretary General - EUSIPA, BELSIPA
- Filippo Zorzoli - Managing Director, Head of EMEA Rates Sales - Bank of America Merrill Lynch