EDHEC-Risk Institute International Advisory BoardUpholding High Standards of Corporate Governance
Tomas Franzén, Chairman of EDHEC-Risk Institute's International Advisory Board, Chief Investment Strategist, AP2 - Andra AP-fonden
EDHEC-Risk Institute has adopted a strict corporate governance structure and rigorous processes which guarantee both the scientific quality and the operational relevance of its activities. The Institute's dual management and its international advisory board enforce strict validation and evaluation processes to ensure that all efforts remain focused on issues which are central to the development of the profession.
Dual management structure
EDHEC-Risk Institute is headed by a director and a scientific director. The scientific director is the academic authority responsible for the quality of the centre’s research. A renowned scholar, Professor Lionel Martellini manages the research team and supervises all programmes and projects. The director of the Institute is in charge of business policy and overall management. With considerable experience in asset management as both an academic and a practitioner, Professor Noël Amenc decides upon strategic partnerships and reviews research proposals from a business viewpoint. Directors screen proposals and oversee work in progress to ensure that all research carried out within the Institute contributes to programmes which have been endorsed by the advisory board.
External validation and evaluation by international experts
In line with best practices of corporate governance, EDHEC-Risk Institute has set up an advisory board which brings together distinguished scholars, representatives of regulatory bodies as well as senior executives from business partners and other leading institutions. These international experts advise on the relevance and goals of the research programme proposals presented by the centre’s management and evaluate research outcomes with respect to their potential impact on industry practices.
The board also advises on the objectives and contents of projects deriving from the expertise of the research centre, thereby ensuring that graduate and executive programmes remain at the forefront of developments in the marketplace.
Members of EDHEC-Risk Institute's International Advisory Board
- Chairman: Mr Tomas Franzén, Chief Investment Strategist, AP2 - Andra AP-fonden.
- Mr Christopher Ailman, Chief Investment Officer, CalSTRS.
- Mr Noël Amenc, Professor of Finance, Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute.
- Mr Mark Anson, Chief Investment Officer, Bass Family Office.
- Mr Stefan Bichsel, Executive Board Member and Head of the Asset Management & Trading Division, BCV, and former Chairman, EFAMA.
- Mr David Blackwood, Group Finance Director, Yule Catto & Co.
- Mr Ashvin B. Chhabra, Chief Investment Officer, Institute for Advanced Study.
- Mr Tai Tee Chia, Chief Risk Officer, Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.
- Mr James C. Davis, Vice President, Investment Planning & Economics, Asset Mix & Risk, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan.
- Mr Philippe Desfossés, Chief Executive Officer, ERAFP.
- Mr Mark Fawcett, Chief Investment Officer, NEST Corporation.
- Mr Patrick Fenal, Deputy Chairman, Unigestion.
- Mr Tomas Franzén, Chief Investment Strategist, AP2 - Andra AP-fonden.
- Mr Henrik Gade Jepsen, Chief Investment Officer, ATP.
- Mr Nicolas Gaussel, Chief Investment Officer, Lyxor Asset Management.
- Mr Peter Gunning, Global Chief Investment Officer, Russell Investments.
- Mr David Iverson, Head of Asset Allocation, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation.
- Mr Joseph John Jelincic, Member of the Board of Administration and Chair of the Risk & Audit Committee, CalPERS.
- Mr Fathi Jerfel, Chief Executive Officer, Amundi Investment Solutions.
- Mr Theo Jeurissen, Former Chairman of the Investors’ Committee of the Dutch Association of Pension Funds.
- Mr Masamichi Kono, Vice Commissioner for International Affairs, Financial Services Agency, Japan.
- Mr Tony Lally, Chief Executive Officer, Sunsuper.
- Mr Gérard de Lambilly, Secretary General, Newedge.
- Mr Jean-Louis Laurens, Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Rothschild & Cie Gestion.
- Mr Thomas Laux, Chief Risk Officer, Eurex Clearing AG.
- Mr Xavier Lépine, Chairman, La Française AM.
- Mr Stuart Lewis, Chief Risk Officer, Deutsche Bank.
- Mr François-Serge Lhabitant, Associate Professor, EDHEC Business School, Chief Investment Officer, Kedge Capital.
- Mr Timo Löyttyniemi, Managing Director, The State Pension Fund (Finland).
- Mr Philippe Marchessaux, Head of BNP Paribas Investment Partners and Chief Executive Officer of BNP Paribas Asset Management.
- Mr François Marion, Chief Executive Officer, CACEIS.
- Mr Lionel Martellini, Professor of Finance, Scientific Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute.
- Mr Joseph Masri, Head of Risk Management, Qatar Investment Authority
- Mr Gumersindo Oliveros, Chief Executive Officer, KAUST Investment Management Company.
- Mr Chong Tee Ong, Deputy Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Mr Bruno de Pampelonne, President, EDHEC Alumni Association, President, Tikehau Investment Management.
- Mr Olivier Rousseau, Executive Director, Fonds de Réserve pour les Retraites (The French Pension Reserve Fund).
- Mr Günther Schiendl, Director and Chief Investment Officer, VBV-Pensionskasse.
- Mr Laurent Seyer, Global Head of Investment Solutions, AXA Investment Managers.
- Mr Philippe Teilhard de Chardin, Managing Partner, Advisors & Partners.
- Mr Jaap van Dam, Managing Director Investment Strategy, PGGM.
- Mr Jean-Paul Villain, Director, Strategy Unit, Managing Director’s Office, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.
- Mr Dan Waters, Managing Director, ICI Global.